Friday 20 July 2007

cheeky monkey

Finally finished reading Jed Rubenfed's The Interpretation of Murder a few days ago, took alot longer than most books since I had to re-read most of the chapters. Being an avid reader I usually fly my way through books. With this book, however, I paced myself because it is definitely too clever (psyhcology being the subject-matter, and abit of Shakespeare here and there) for me, nonetheless it is a very interesting and terrific book. Plus, I didn't want it to end. I personally think its better than Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code, it's the best "faction" I've read so far. I certainly didn't think that the subject-matter appeal to me but I was engrossed in the book. The plot, the twists and the style of writing is spell-binding. The research is fantastic as is the incredible writing. Definitely impressed by the gripping narrative and authentic feel of early 20th century New York. Can't wait for his next novel.

I actually wanted to share a paragraph from the book about Oedipus Complex but I can't find the right page at the moment. It's interesting.

He's reading the book too.

This Sunday will be the third game-week for the Golf Punks League, however the initial Pantai Punk Classic at the Pantai Mentiri Gold Club has been postponed to the month of August, and Sunday's game-week will be held at the Royal Brunei Airlines Golf Club. For more information, go to the site.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a good read... can you get it at booker?

23 July 2007 at 08:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home